The Best Miraculous Health Benefits in Snake Oil Treatment
Snake oil, also called serpent oil, is one of the most ancient and well-known skin oils or ointments as well has been used in many medicines for a long time, especially in traditional Chinese medicine. It was sold to railwaymen to treat arthritis and various skin diseases.
Snake oil salesman:
The term “snake oil salesman” was used to describe scammers who are selling fake medicines
Historically, snake oil was marketed by Chinese traders in Europe in the 18th century as a treatment for joint pain. Because of cheating and lack of drug control in those days, the oil became a stigma in the advertising of fake medicines, as well as it being known that the original composition of the oil contained mineral salts inside a pregnant greasy medium, in addition to proportions of red pepper, camphor, and some pain-relieving herbs.
What is the composition of snake oil?
There are many different types of snake oil on the market and the exact composition varies greatly depending on the type of brand made, however, the major ingredients include the following; a 25% Chinese water snake oil, which is mainly composed of omega-3 acids, and 75% myristic acid, oleic acid, linoleic acid, and carrier.
Application of Snake oil
Snake oil has long been used in herbal medicine to relieve joint pain and is still used for the same purpose today. In addition, snake oil and Chinese show that this oil has long been used to treat hair and skin problems, including male pattern baldness, while in ancient Egypt they were known, in conjunction with lion oil, hippopotamus oil, and olive oil, to treat a wide range of body health problems. Crocodile oil, cat oil, and Nubian oil – the latter more than any other ingredient – are said to derive their healing properties from eicosatetraenoic acid, a fatty acid.
In traditional Chinese medicine, snake oil is used to treat skin rashes and eczema. According to the National Institutes of Health and the Environmental Protection Agency, some studies have examined the effectiveness of snake oil in treating eczema, but these results are inconclusive.
What are the benefits of snake oil?
In order to take full advantage of snake oil, it is necessary to ensure that it is original. This is because, after widespread use, many other oils have been adulterated with it, reducing its effectiveness against disease.
What is so beneficial about snake oil as it contains a high proportion of fatty acids, the most important of which is omega-3, which can relieve pain in the body, treat infections, and increase the effectiveness of medical drugs used for this purpose, particularly in rheumatoid arthritis, and as has been shown, this oil has been used in traditional Chinese medicine for a long time to:
- Maintains the cardiovascular system, including the heart and blood vessels. The fatty acids in this oil help prevent heart attacks and strokes as they keep the arteries elastic and flexible while decreasing harmful triglycerides in the body.
- Lowering hypertension and chronic blood pressure levels whilst treating arrhythmia problems caused by electrical faults.
- Helps fight anxiety, depression, stress, improve mood, especially in pregnant and postpartum women, even helps treat serious and severe mental illnesses such as delirium and schizophrenia, according to a study by the Environmental Protection Agency.
- Thanks to the anti-oxidants and fungicides in snake oil, as well as the useful fatty acids, it can boost the body’s immune system and help it deal with a whole range of diseases, particularly colon, breast, and prostate cancers.
- It supports the brain, protecting it against various diseases and disorders and supporting the nerve cells of the newborn brain.
- Supports the milk-forming process in breastfeeding mothers.
- Improves skin health and is recommended for people suffering from various skin conditions such as psoriasis, eczema, rashes, and allergies, the oil can be taken orally or applied to damaged areas.
- It strengthens and softens the hair and, with regular use, promotes hair growth.
- Mixed with various oils and rubbed gently on cats in a thin layer, it will protect wood or furniture from rot and rust.
Side effects of snake oil
Although snake oil has many benefits, it also has side effects. The main reasons are that the oil is unsuitable for consumption or that it is made from low-quality oil. Here are some of the possible side effects of taking snake oil:
- Allergic reactions: Certain people may develop an immediate allergy to snake oil. This can cause stomach upset, nausea, vomiting, and cramps. If these or other allergic reactions occur, such as swelling of the throat or lips, difficulty breathing, or tightness in the chest, stop use immediately and contact your doctor.
- Inflammation of the skin: Topical application of snake oil may cause irritation, redness, itching, and swelling of the skin.
Therefore, before applying large amounts to the skin, apply a few drops of snake oil and check for side effects within a few hours.
CBD has the potential to be a wonder ingredient that might be able to help with anxiety, pain, and skin disorders. However, the field is saturated with products that make false claims that—while harmless to the consumer (aside from the money they waste buying a product that has no benefits). (1)
Snake oil benefits for hair
The hair is a symbol of beauty for all people, more especially for girls, in fact, sometimes the hair can be affected by a series of problems and diseases as a result they can lose their charm and vitality.
These problems like split end and hair breakage, the scalp can be affected by many diseases, itching, inflammation, etc. These problems are often caused by dryness, lack of moisture in the hair, and lack of care. All people are looking for ways to keep their hair vibrant and beautiful. Snake oil is one of the best remedies to protect hair because it is derived from natural grasses and mixed with various other oils. For example, coconut oil and tea tree oil. It is very popular among girls nowadays to treat and strengthen their hair problems as it is rich in fatty acids, especially omega 3.
The benefits for the hair are:
- It helps to regrow hair and stop hair loss;
- Gives silky smooth hair;
- Increases hair length by stimulating blood flow to the scalp and providing essential nutrients to the hair follicles;
- Increases hair density and provides the hair with the necessary moisture;
- Treats problems with damaged hair;
- Alleviates the problem of hair loss;
- Treats infections of the scalp.
Ingredients of this oil
The most important ingredients are peppermint oil, juniper oil, loofah, coconut oil, extract, essential oils such as tea tree and lavender, and muesli, which have been reduced or added to achieve reliable results.
However, shea butter, rich cocoa butter, are all added to these oils to give them firmness and viscosity.
Why are these oils used?
For softening your hair and not to treat frizz. To treat scalp infections and prevent hair loss. The absence of mineral salts and scalp infections makes the hair shiny.
Snake oil recipes for hair
There are many Snake oil recipes for all hair types, including:
- Snake oil recipe for damaged and dry hair
For this recipe, mix half a teaspoon each of snake oil, mustard oil, sesame oil, aloe vera oil, and olive oil together then apply to the hair, making sure to massage it well into the scalp. Use this recipe two to three times a week.
- Snake oil recipe to strengthen and lengthen hair
Mix olive oil with equal parts of snake oil, watercress oil, and wheat germ oil, depending on the length and density of the hair. Massage the hair with these oils from the roots to the tips and repeat this recipe three times a week for best results. This is partly because some of its effects are still the subject of scientific research, and partly because it can cause dermatitis as a side effect, which can lead to redness and itching if too much is applied to the skin, as well as sore throats, swelling of the skin and breathing difficulties, which may require a visit to the doctor.
Notably, this type that is currently on the market is not the original snake oil, so it is important to consult your doctor before using it.
How to use Snake Fat Oil
- Wash hair thoroughly with warm water to remove dirt and grease;
- Moisturize the hair for as long as possible; it is best to avoid using a hairdryer or drying in the sun;
- Massage your scalp with an ample amount of snake oil. The amount will depend on the length and density of your hair. Using your fingers or hands, apply in a circular motion, making sure to cover the entire scalp;
- Leave it on your hair for at least 4 hours. This is to ensure that the scalp is properly nourished;
- Wash your hair thoroughly with warm water. It is recommended to do this process at least twice a week.
Where can I get the original product?
As mentioned above, there are many products on the market that bear the image of a snake and claim to be genuine. Regardless of which variety you choose, make sure that the ingredients we provide are present and correctly stated on the package. By the way, good oils smell wonderful and last the entire time you apply them to your hair. If the smell is unpleasant or disappears after prolonged use, you know you are not taking snake oil.