Apricot oil or Apricot Kernel Oil is one of the most preferred natural ingredients in skincare with its benefits. So, what does apricot kernel oil do and what are its benefits? In this article, you will find answers to all your questions and much more!
Today, natural products have a wide niche in many areas from kitchens to skincare. The apricot, which sweetens the mouth and purifies the healing, is one of them, both fresh and dried. Apricots are a rich source of fiber and take first place in healthy nutrition programs with the vitamins it contains, as well as crowning the taste of our favorite desserts.
Of course, the benefits and advantages of apricots are not limited to this. This fruit has been mentioned repeatedly and differently, especially in recent years. Apricot kernel oil! Apricot kernel oil appears in many cosmetics thanks to its benefits for the skin. Well, then it is up to us to give this oil its due.
Apricot kernel oil is a vegetable oil widely used in the cosmetic industry, frequently in many broad areas from kitchens to cosmetics. Apricot oil is a vegetable oil that nourishes the skin and has many health benefits By virtue of its vitamins. Therefore, we found that we will review in this article comprehensive information about what is apricot kernel oil, how is it made, and is it good? Here are all the details you need and want to know, follow us to find out more.
What is apricot oil?
Apricot oil contains vitamins A, E, and C that the skin needs, especially in the cosmetic sector. Apricot kernel oil It is a vegetable oil that is very rich in beneficial fatty acids.
Apricot kernel oil is obtained by extracting the oil from dried apricot kernels in a suitable environment using the cold pressing method. Apricot kernel oil is a very beneficial vegetable oil for the skin. Since apricot kernel oil contains high amounts of omega 3, 6, and 9 fatty acids, it occupies an important place in skincare.
The percentage of oil in apricot pulp is about 45%, and apricot kernel oil contains a high percentage of oleic acid, reaching more than 60%, and linoleic acid, reaching 30%, which are unsaturated mental acids.
The iodine number of apricot kernel oil is 109.
saponification number 190
How is apricot oil made and how is it obtained?
Apricot Kernel Oil, With the advent of summer, the apricots carefully collected from the apricot tree are sent to the process factories. Apricot kernel oil occurs as a by-product of dried apricot production. It is obtained by cold pressing of the seeds separated from the fruits of apricots. Thanks to this method, the distilled oil has a pure composition that can be called lightweight and odorless.
What does apricot oil do?
Apricot Kernel Oil provides intense skin cleansing and healthy radiance. Apricot kernel oil nourishes the skin thanks to its vitamins and fatty acids. The use of natural ingredients in skincare helps maintain the health and natural structure of the skin.
What is the benefit of apricot kernel oil?
Apricot kernel oil occupies a very important place in terms of hair and skin health. Thanks to the vitamins, minerals, and fatty acids it contains, it has managed to be among the most widely used vegetable oils in the cosmetic industry. Apricot kernel oil provides thickening for eyebrows, eyelashes, and hair, as well as causes problems such as facial hair growth. At the same time, this oil, which contains a small amount of cyanide, can cause poisoning when used too much.
General benefits of Apricot oil
• The structure of the apricot has a soothing property. Thanks to this feature, it provides adequate care for sensitive skin.
• Apricot kernel oil, which has an intense moisturizing effect, helps nourish the skin.
• Apricot kernel oil plays an important role in tightening the skin, thanks to the fact that it contains vitamins A and E and omega-6 acid.
• Helps significantly reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, which are signs of aging.
• It helps relieve and treat eczema and other itchy skin problems.
• It’s greatly reduces swelling and bruising under the eyes.
• It helps relieve pain, soreness, and swelling caused by bee and insect stings.
• When apricot kernel oil is used on eyebrows, hair, and eyelashes, it strengthens hair follicles and creates new hair.
• It significantly accelerates the healing of fungi, cellulitis, herpes, infections, psoriasis, and wounds.
What are the most important therapeutic advantages of apricot kernel oil?
Among the useful oils for the body, we see that apricot kernel oil is used a lot. What is the benefit of apricot kernel oil exactly?
• It is good for joint pain.
• Helps strengthen the immune system.
• Reduces bad cholesterol and protects heart health.
• It is used in the treatment of diseases of the upper respiratory tract, such as coughing.
• Helps in cell renewal.
• Helps prevent infections and inflammation.
What are the benefits of apricot kernel oil for the skin?
• With its soothing effect, apricot kernel oil provides suitable care for sensitive skin.
• Apricot kernel oil nourishes the skin with its intense moisturizing effect.
• Thanks to the vitamins A, E, and Omega 6 it contains, the apricot kernel oil plays a role in tightening the skin.
• It helps relieve eczema and other itching problems.
• It’s effective in reducing the appearance of skin lines (cellulite) and wrinkles.
• The oil relieves swelling and bruising under the eyes.
• The oil contributes to the healing of fungi, herpes, cellulitis, psoriasis, infections, and wounds.
• It relieves pain and swelling in conditions such as bee and insect stings.
• When used on hair, eyebrows, and eyelashes, it strengthens hair follicles.
Nutritional value of Apricot Oil :
|Nutritional value||Apricot Oil (1)|
|Total lipid (fat)||100 g|
|Vitamin E||4 mg|
|Fatty acids, total saturated||6.3 g|
|Fatty acids, total monounsaturated||60 g|
|Fatty acids, total polyunsaturated||29.3 g|
How is apricot oil used?
• Although apricot kernel oil has a light texture, it can clog pores with direct application.
• It is recommended to dilute this oil, which carries the risk of acne.
• When using apricot kernel oil in the eye area, problems such as the sebaceous glands under the eyes may occur.
• Although apricot kernel oil is often preferred in hair care and used frequently in skincare products, it causes oiliness in the hair when used in its pure form. Therefore, this oil should be dropped in small amounts in hair care products or hair care products that contain apricot oil.
• When it comes to skincare, it pays to be extra careful. It is not recommended to apply apricot kernel oil directly to the skin.
• In addition, the number of drops to be used in the products varies according to the needs of the skin. However, care products that contain this oil; provide maximum skin benefit with its non-comedogenic structures, dermatologist-approved formulas, and other beneficial ingredients.
What are the disadvantages of using apricot kernel oil?
Apricot kernel oil has a light texture. But when used directly, it can cause the pores to close. This oil that causes acne formation must be diluted and used. When apricot kernel oil is used in the eye area, it can cause various problems such as the sebaceous glands under the eyes. Apricot kernel oil is often preferred for hair care. When applied in its pure form, apricot oil can cause hair to become oily. For this reason, this oil can be used by distilling a small amount in hair care products or preferably using hair care products that contain apricot oil.
Are there any side effects of apricot oil?
Although the benefits of apricot kernel oil are many, there are also some unwanted effects. Apricot kernel oil not only provides thickness to eyelashes, eyebrows, and hair, but it can also cause facial hair problems. In addition, this oil, which contains a small amount of cyanide, can cause poisoning when used in excessive amounts.
Natural ingredients that work wonders in skincare are the choice of us all. However, when used without sufficient and good knowledge about it, it can say here that the benefits of these contents may turn into harm. That is why we recommend using skincare products that have been tested and approved on the skin and of course consulting experts and herbalists who are knowledgeable about these oils and the products they sell and have them available.
Does apricot oil cause hair growth?
It is curious whether apricot kernel oil, which helps thicken hair, eyebrows, and eyelashes, causes facial hair to grow. It has been observed that the regular and long-term use of apricot kernel oil can cause hair growth on the body because it strengthens the hair follicles, so it is necessary to pay attention and be careful when using it. When applying to eyebrows, hair, and eyelashes, care must be taken to ensure that it is completely localized.
Skincare product recommendation containing apricot kernel oil
If you want to make sure your skin is intensely clean and glowing with health, you can use Garner’s, Apricot Peel. The organic apricot oil in the formula of this scrub deeply cleanses the skin and makes it radiant. Once applied, it melts and cleanses the skin, leaving behind soft skin.
Some recipes for using apricot oil
Apricot kernel oil can be used by adding honey or milk to it. Drop-in apricot oil to rub it on the skin. As a food, you can add a spoonful of honey and milk. After mixing it well, apply it to your face and wait for it to dry. After about 20 minutes you can wash your face. You can also add a small amount of apricot kernel oil to your drinks and consume it this way. There is no harm in taking it, especially with drinks such as water and tea.
Natural products are the most commonly used products for humans. You can take advantage of beneficial oils to live a healthier life.
Apricot kernel oil is a product that many people know and use a lot in their life. People who use this naturally sourced product live healthier lives. It has a unique texture, and the number of diseases that it is useful in treating is very large.
But try not to overdo it when using apricot oil. If you use this beneficial product regularly, try to be more precise and careful. You can live a healthier life by using the oil regularly and in moderation.